The quilt is 48" x 72".
I machine quilted 1/4" inside every 4" square and where the 16 patch forms I have quilted the inner 4 patch in the ditch.
I am nearly out of blue-ish purples after making 2 colour purple and white quilts for both DDs, and the binding is made from 3 different purples.
This will be my DD1's lap quilt on the couch. She already has one for her bed, which I made some years ago.
I must admit I broke a sweat when I was ironing the newly washed and dried quilt this morning, seeing that one of the purples had bled.
This was a very expensive hand dyed fabric I had bought here in Norway several years ago.
It was prewashed.
I put the quilt in the washing machine again, with colour catchers and it came out all right !
The bleeding was not that very noticeable before the washing either, but the knowledge would have bugged me.
I know I will not save these hand dyes anymore !
The company making them is not in business anymore, and the fabric is not that pleasing to work with - to thick - like sheet quality.