All of a sudden I felt a need to take a reality check and take inventory.
Conclusion - I am over the limit project wise - I need to pair down before starting anything new !
September has been a very busy month life wise and I have not filled my goals at all. In fact very far from it. Not that I should let a list of goals rule, but when I can not reach most of my goals I need to think them through. If not, I would have to prolong September with a month and I think that is to long for one month ;-)
What you see here are all my going project and they are, starting from the top left:
1. Stitchery for my new tote - I need a new tote very fast
2. Tonya's letter project - I need this project done within 4 weeks to take to next guild meeting for Show & Tell, to inspire others to sew care quilts and send all my finished care quilts off in one box, saving money on postage.
3. Dear Jane blocks - I need to do some curved blocks and blocks with inset seams and make photo handouts before Thursday in 2 weeks
4. Nearly Insane blocks - to be enjoyed, but want the top done over the winter
5. The Watermelon quilt - want to finish top for big stitch hand quilting asap. Will be a nice project to hand quilt over the winter.
6. My applique project - to be enjoyed only :-)
7. DD2 cuddly toy quilt - sewn by her at around age 8 (now 15) and I am now given the honour of finishing it - needs border, machine quilting and binding. It is not big - 4 blocks only, but it still needs to be done.
I have one more project that I do not care to list or take a photo of right now - the Snowman Collector BOM quilt - blocks done - ready for sashing the blocks and join them ++, but that will not be done this year either by the looks of it.
All in all 8 projects - at least 3 to much.
I will pass on all new starts until I am down to a manageable number. I know how Ufos and Wips breeds by cell dividing, and I don't want or need to go down that road again.
Only years back I had more than 50, less than 100 projects going at the same time and it was truly overwhelming - and No Fun At All !
All my ongoing projects out in the clear light - and now - to work :-)